- Respect those who live and work in the countryside
- Guard against all risk of fire
- Leave all gates as you found them – open or closed
- Keep to paths/tracks through farmland
- Walk around the edge of fields containing crops or animals
- Use gates and styles to cross fences and walls
- If necessary, climb over gates at the hinged side
- Leave livestock, crops and machinery alone
- Take your litter home or to the nearest disposal point
- Avoid polluting water sources
- Leave all natural places and creatures as you found them
While walking on a road members should
- Walk in single file
- Usually face oncoming traffic
- Walk on other side on sharp, dangerous corners.
On Club outings neither the Club, nor any Walk Leader, nor Back Marker can accept any liability for any accident or injury which may occur to any walker taking part in a Club Walk. All walkers are expected to be sufficiently fit and properly equipped to undertake their selected walk.